Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Christmas Update

I can't believe it has been so long since I last posted. I always say I am going to post on the blog but something always comes up. We are getting ready for Christmas and enjoying every second with Jordan. I was so excited about getting our Christmas tree up so he could see the lights...he would rather look at the ceiling fan. Even though he has NO idea that Santa is coming to see him... it's exciting for me. Our first Christmas as a family... A blessing and miracle from God.

Jordan is really doing well... we are continuing to see the cardiologist and pediatrician. Home health care comes weekly and he will be starting physical therapy. When we went for the evaluation last week to see where he needs to be the lady said he was doing great. She gave him two spoons to hold in each hand. She said it difficult for babies to do something with both hands. He wouldn't hold both of them but by the end of the weekend he was holding one in each hand. I want to do everything in our power to make sure he is meeting his milestones. He doesn't like "tummy time" but we try to make him do it for a couple of minutes everyday. He has started smiling, reaching for objects and kicking. I tell him all the time he is getting ready to kick start his motorcycle. He loves to take a bath... He will lay there and kick and swing his arms. I have started letting him bathe with me in the big tub and he loves it. He could be in the middle of screaming crying and we get in the tub and he is a totally different child. He will start smiling and kicking. I keep telling him I will teach him how to swim in the tub when he gets a little older.

He is growing up so fast. He is starting to get his own personality. I just laugh to myself and think about my daddy always saying "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree." He is so like me its not even funny... We call him Junior all the time. He has started slinging his head back and straightening his legs when he gets mad. I can't help but laugh and know my time is coming. I want him to be a fighter... he has a long road ahead of him and he needs to have an attitude. Like I said in previous post - hearth cath is in January and then the Glenn procedure in Feb. I am not looking forward to it. I think it will be much harder on me this time. I can't imagine handing him over to the doctors and watching him lay there in NICU. They called yesterday 12-20-2010 to confirm his cath appt and to tell me it has been changed to Jan 6th. I felt like I was going to throw up before I could get off the phone. I have been struggling with all of my feelings for the past few days. I am so blessed everyday that I have Jordan but the unknown will kill you and make you be someone you've never been.

My niece and nephew came and stayed with me some this week...one at a time...LOL My nephew is 8 years old and he asked me yesterday "does it hurt your heart to know your baby is sick and has a broken heart" - as I held back the tears I told him "yes Joe, I hurt everyday for what Jordan will have to go through his whole life" - Joseph said "but God knows and he is with you and Jordan." Children are so innocent and sincere. Jordan has changed our lives in a way I never thought I would see. He has brought us closer to God and to the people that love us the most. He has also made us realize life is too short to live life to make others happy. It's the little things in life, not material things that matter the most. I am so thankful for every person that has touched our lives and reached out to us to give us comfort during this trying time in our lives.

We went for a follow up cardiologist appointment yesterday 12-22-2010. Jordan weighs 11 pounds and is 23 inches long....he is huge! They did an echo and didn't see any changes from the previous echo. We are so blessed and thankful for every second with this little guy. Can't wait to spend our first Christmas with him. Everyone have a Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment