Friday, August 27, 2010

August 27, 2010

Who would have ever thought that bed rest would make you sore? I have rested the entire week and its taken its toll on me and my body. I know its best for Jordan and he has done so good! The medicine is still working and I haven't had any contractions in 4 days. Thank goodness because I really need for him to keep growing big and strong!

The last time I posted was Sunday morning before the baby shower. It went GREAT! We got so many nice presents. The shower was perfect - THANKS SO MUCH FOR EVERYONE WHO WORKED SO HARD TO MAKE IT PERFECT JUST FOR US!

I had a doctor's appointment Monday at 9:00am with the Perinatologist. The appointment went good and they said Jordan is growing right on schedule. He weighs 4 lbs and 11 oz and they still say he has a head full of hair. I can't wait to see what he looks like! While we were there they hooked me up to the monitors and I was still having contractions. I took my medicine even though it had only been 3 1/2 hours. The medicine worked and we finally go to leave around 11:45am.
Then we had a consult appointment with the pedictrician and it went really well. Thankfully she has worked with HLHS babies before and that made us feel much better. She already knew what he would have to go through and she was excited that we had chosen her to take care of our precious little boy.
After leaving there we had an appointment with the OB GYN. Thankfully they already knew about the contractions and I didn't have to be hooked to the monitors again. They informed me at the appointment that working was out of the picture. It was too dangerous for me and Jordan. They put me on bed rest and told me to come back next Monday.

Whew... it was a long day and I could tell it has taken its toll on me. I was exhausted! We didn't get home till 4 pm and I knew I needed to rest!

Well that is all the excitement for the week... It's now Friday and I am trying to not tear the walls down. It hasn't been too bad but I am not sleeping at night and that is the worst part. We have no plans for tomorrow but we have another baby shower Sunday. YAY... can't wait! It should be intresting...We've invited several couples and the guys we tailgate with at UGA games. I can't wait to see everyone and be around people for a little while.

I am a little sad that UGA football starts next weekend and I was supposed to be at the game. All of my family (Mama, Heather, Jamie, Joe, James, Tabatha and Jaxton) is coming to Athens to see what it is all about on a game day! I will be sitting at the condo while they enjoy the day tailgating and watching the game.

God is an awesome God and he has blessed us with a good week. I thank him everyday for giving Jordan one more day in my tummy. Because as long as he is inside of me he is protected and he feels no pain. Thanks for all the prayers...

2 comments:

  1. Those all day appointments are so hard...glad you were able to go home and get some much needed rest. Keep your feet up and hopefully you can enjoy the game in the luxury of your home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Wendy!
    Sorry to hear that the bedrest is so tough. I had it for just a few days with Brady and Bryant and it is hard to lay around when you are being forced to. I love the blog and have added it to my favorites. I love reading blogs and am so glad you have one so we can keep updated on you and Jordan. Take care and we will keep praying. Love, Jodi

    ReplyDelete