Friday, August 20, 2010

Pre-Term Labor

August 19, 2010
Today wasn't the day I was ready to face. It all started around 4am when I woke up just not feeling normal. But after dosing back off, I figured it was just my body changing because Jordan was getting bigger. I got ready for work and headed to Americus- the pain was getting worse but I thought well I just slept wrong and my back would quit hurting soon. I called the doctors as soon as they opened and Dr Innman told me to come on in and he would check things out. I was trying to be a big girl and not get everyone all worried so I told everyone I was going alone and would let them know what he said. I don't know who texted me more mama or Rhonda. They kept wanting to know what was going on. Mama kept saying I am on my way... I would tell her "no, I am fine". After being hooked up to a monitor for an hour they kept asking are you feeling that - I kept reassuring them YES I feel it! I had wondered what contractions felt like well I was getting to find out a little earlier than I expected! Dr Innman came in and said I needed to take a little trip to the hospital. By now the contractions were about every 5 mins and they were hurting. The big girl I was trying to be was slowly not so big. After leaving the doctors office I called to tell Rhonda and Mama they may want to come to the hospital. I had a little break down just worrying if they couldn't stop the contractions I knew Jordan wasn't ready to be born. As much as I wanted to see him and hold him I didn't want him to come this early. His lungs weren't developed completely and it would just slow down his process of having his heart fixed.
Once I got to the hospital they immediately gave me a shot to stop the contractions and started fluids. I don't know what was worse the IV or the contractions. I am so afraid of needles and the first IV they started blew. But its amazing what you can tolerate when its to benefit your child. They monitored me for hours and the contractions had stopped. They were getting ready to send us home and the contractions started back again. So we had to stay a little longer with more medicines and more fluids. Once we finally got to go home they gave me a sleeping pill and it worked really well for several hours.
We are very thankful that the doctors and the hospital staff helped us keep Baby Jordan in my tummy a little longer. Thanks to everyone who sent texts and prayers. We still have 6 more weeks before the delievery date and we are hoping that things continue to stay on track.
God is good and he has a plan for us and for Baby Jordan!

No comments:

Post a Comment