Sunday, August 22, 2010

Baby Shower

August 22, 2010
Today is our first baby shower and we are so excited. We can't wait to see all of Baby Jordan's prizes. Today's shower is at New Bethel Baptist - the church I grew up going to.
The weekend has been a challenging one. I am still having contractions and they are "NO" fun! I was able to sleep and rest a good bit yesterday. We thought it would be a good idea to go eat some Mexican but Jordan thought differently. Once we got to El Rancho he started acting up - the contractions started. We finished our dinner and started timing them. They were about every 12 mins so I took more medicine. Nothing I did would help - I tried sitting and laying and the pain was still intensifying. After 45 mins of contractions the medicine started working and I was able to go to sleep. I am so ready to go to the doctor tomorrow to see what is going on. I am so scared they are going to put me on total bedrest. But that would be better than being in the hospital on bedrest. So I will take home bedrest anyday.
One exciting thing we weren't expecting yesterday was the glider and ottomen for Jordan's room came in. We had just said Saturday morning "I wonder when it will come in" and they called that afternoon saying they were going to deliever it. His room looks so good and I just go in there and dream of our lives when he get's here.
Thanks everyone for all the prayers. We know God hears everyone of them and he has a plan for our lives. Jordan just has to cooperate and stay in mama's tummy a little longer.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog and joining the blog event!

    Sending many prayers your way for your baby to be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wendy! I wanted to introduce myself as your newest "follower" :) My daughter Aly is 13 months old and has HLHS. We will be keeping for family in our thoughts and prayers as Jordan's birth approaches (but not too soon. :) ).

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete