Friday, September 24, 2010

11 More Days

I just can't believe we are counting down the days... It seems unreal! If I knew we were having a healthy baby boy and that his quality of life would be just like most other babies I don't think you would be able to wipe the grin off my face. But the fear of the unknown is weighing so heavy on our hearts. I know we are so excited and can't wait to see his precious face but what's on the road ahead of us scares us to death!

We've been following several blogs since the day we found out about Jordan's heart condition. It has helped us get prepared in so many ways and its given us so much encouragement. But it also makes us so aware of the fears we could soon be facing. One family had their baby 6 days ago and they are fighting for his life right this second. Another family has been in the hospital with their baby for over a month and still have a long journey ahead of them. We find ourselves waking up to check their blogs and going to bed at night checking for updates. Even though we have no idea who these families are personally, their lives have affected ours and we are broken hearted for them. We pray for these children and their families just as much as we pray for our own. We know their hurt could be our reality in the next few weeks - it really hits home. I just want to ask everyone please pray for these families. God knows who they are!

I am personally doing good. Having some pains here and there but nothing too bad. I am still just resting and trying to get mentally and physically prepared for our journey. Life is about to take us in directions we have never faced. God is in control and I know he will see us through any fears we have. Please continue to pray for Jordan, the doctors and us as the time is coming so soon!

3 comments:

  1. God will see you through this journey. I am glad you are feeling good and Jordan is doing good as well. The last couple of weeks have been hard in the heart community. I am always thinking and praying for so many babies, children, and adults and it seems the last few weeks there has been an increased need for special prayers for our heart warriors. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers as you get ready to enter a journey that will change your life...it has ours...for the better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you through this journey. As Hope mentioned, these past few weeks have been difficult in the heart community. I too am constantly praying for many CHD babies as they walk their journey. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers as you prepare for birth and your journey. It will be a journey filled with ups and downs and will change your life forever. We just completed our second open heart surgery and looking back in the last year, although difficult, would't trade it. You can share our journey at our blog: http://babyharrisblog.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My son has TOF.. I will be thinking of you and baby Jordan in the upcoming weeks! You will be amazed at the strength these little heart hero's have! Don't forget to take care of yourself!

    Melissa
    www.yesallfivearemine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete