Monday, September 27, 2010

6 MORE DAYS - Sept 28, 2010

We are one day closer to finally getting to meet our Little Monkey Boy!!! I know the next few days are going to be full of excitement and fears. I can't wait to see his precious face... I can remember being a kid and always saying when I have a baby his/her name will be Jordan. I always wanted a little boy with black hair, blue eyes and dark skin - guess we will see what God gives me. When I found out I was pregnant - everyone would ask me what do you want? Just like every pregnant women I would say "it doesn't matter as long as they are healthy". Well I have learned from experience that is an understatement. I would give my own heart for him... Just so he wouldn't have to suffer and hurt.

Here are a couple of pictures of his room. I can't wait to bring him home and show it to him... we wanted it to be perfect just for him!


I had my final OB doctors appointment today! Thank goodness... it was such a relief! I am so over going to the doctor every week but I am very thankful for ALL their help. It was kinda sad telling them bye and knowing the next time I see them I will have a little one with me. They have all be so supportive and caring. I couldn't ask for any of them to have been any more understanding.
It hasn't been the easiest pregnancy anyone could have. I was around 15 days pregnant when I was given my 30 day notice that I would no longer have a job due to lay offs. I was the last hired and I had to be the first one to leave. We had already heard rumors that they were going to do lay offs so I had put my house on the market to be sold. Due to the economy no one was buying so I kept patiently waiting for an offer. Around five days before my 30 day notice was up at work they gave me another 30 day notice. Which really helped because that just meant I had a job for 30 more days. But I was still fighting back the tears everyday wondering how would I afford insurance, house payment, etc. About 2 weeks after that my boss came to me and asked would I take a job about 45 mins from home at another hospital. With no questions asked I said "yes - when can I start". I didn't care what it was I just need a job thankfully my insurance would transfer and it would be a day shift job. So that was the first blessing! By now I had put my house up for rent. Anything to help with the payments. A couple came to me about renting the house and they were so excited about it. We agreed on everything and they signed a year lease. That was such a relief! Blessing number two! Then the day came when we found out about Jordan's heart defect - WOW!!! That was a life changing event. Our world was really turned up side down. I never thought of ever having anything but a health baby boy. It never crossed my mind that we would have to face these fears. Then I went into labor at 32 1/2 weeks and haven't been able to work since. But God has provided in so many ways since I went out of work. It has been totally amazing to see total strangers offering their help. We've been so blessed and words can never express how much we appreciate EVERYTHING everyone has done to make our lives a little easier. With all the set backs in the short 9 months, God has never left our sides.
God has given us this baby for a reason and I know that Jordan will have an awesome testimony when he gets older. I have saved every card, every flyer, every email and I will share it all with him once he gets older. I can't wait to show him how much he is loved and how many people were praying for him before he was even born. This whole experience has shown me more about life, my faith and strength that I would have never know had I not been faced with these fears. We have found ourselves asking God everyday for guidance, peace and healing. I know he is working through us to show others what blessings he has to offer.
Please keep praying for all of us, Jordan and the medical staff that will provide care for Jordan and I.

2 comments:

  1. You are going to be such a wonderful mother, Wendy - this post is beautiful. We continue to pray for you guys and for baby Jordan... for peace, healing and, of course, for miracles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a great attitude Wendy. God has given you Jordan for a reason and it's because you are going to be such a great mom and you will be able to give Jordan the support he needs. You have been so proactive in preparing for Jordans arrival. We are always keeping you in our thoughts and prayers. His room is adorable! Can't wait to see pictures of him in it. :)
    Heart hugs always,
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete