Tuesday, September 21, 2010

13 MORE DAYS

I just want to THANK EVERYONE who had a part in the benefit sing for Jordan and I on
09-18-2010. It was TOTALLY AMAZING... It was such a blessing - all the support, time, effort, talent and donations. I felt God's presence in the church as soon as I walked in. God has blessed my life from the day I found out I was pregnant. He continues to show his love and mercy everyday! I don't know if words can ever describe the amount of appreciation we have for everyone that made that night special just for us and our family. The donations are so appreciated and will be used to help us on the unfamiliar road we are soon to face. But with the love and support of others I know we will be blessed. Please continue to pray for Jordan to have the strength to face the battles ahead of him, to give the doctors the knowledge and skill to fix Jordan's heart and for us to have the strength and patience to care for him along the way. We know that God is holding everyone of our hands and leading us down the path that he wants us to go down!

I can honestly say that being pregnant and knowing that your child has a heart defect will make your pregnancy a totally different experience. I don't know if its because the future is unknown and you don't want to take one second for granted or what. But I don't think there is a kick, punch or hiccup that is missed. Then when he isn't moving your worried something is wrong... I am starting to get a little sad thinking about him not being inside my tummy. I love to watch him move and feel him press on my lungs so bad that I can't hardly breath. It has been an amazing experience that I am so thankful for everyday! I can't imagine not having gone through the pregnancy and never taken one day for granted. The days are counting down...13 more days!


I stopped taking the Brethine on Friday 09-17-2010 around 10 a.m. We were a little nervous but content with the doctors decisions. By now he is 37 weeks and he is basically full term - all of his major organs are developed and properly functioning. The weekend went great! I rested A LOT and tried to pack a few little things to be prepared if he decided to come during the night.

I woke up yesterday 09-20-2010 and just didn't feel right. I started having some pains that were unfamiliar. I tried to ignore it but it wouldn't go away. So I decided I might better call the doctor. Of course their answer was for me to come on in and lets check things out. When I got there the pains had not stopped and may have even been a little worse. The hooked me up to the monitors (NST) and of course I was having contractions. Its funny how you know everything about all the machines because its just routine now. I could basically work all of them by myself if I needed to. The contractions weren't close enough that they were really concerned. He said for me to go home and go to bed. To take medicine for the pain and sleep as much as possible. He also mentioned that he didn't think I would make it until Oct 4th but for me to wait it out and come back in a week.


Today I had an appointment with my high risk doctor. Dr Edwards says Jordan is growing big and right on schedule. Other than his heart is a healthy little boy. He is starting the breathing process and his lungs look great. He reassured us that if I went into labor I knew to get to the hospital ASAP and to call the doctor on the way. That I didn't have 30 minutes to waste in registration. I will see him again in one week and that will be our last visit! Thank goodness because I am so tried of doctors appointments!

We are getting all of our last minute items washed and packed. I feel like we are as ready as we will ever be. I am so ready to see him and hold him in my arms. Thanks everyone again for all the love, support and prayers. I would also like to ask everyone to pray for the other HLHS babies. We have other blogs we've been following and most of their journeys haven't been as easy as they had hoped. God continues to bless each one of them but they are needing extra prayers to give them strength and faith.

2 comments:

  1. Keeping you in our thoughts and prayers as you countdown to the arrival of your sweet boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of you are in my thoughts and prayers!!

    ReplyDelete