Sunday, October 10, 2010

10-10-10

Today is the day I wanted him to be born...thought it would be cool to have your birthday 10-10-10. Closure went really good yesterday. He tolerated all the adjustments and slept most of the day. They wanted him to have sleep so he could recover from his big day. We are so proud of him! I just can't believe he has done so well. We still have MANY steps to take but we are willing to take baby steps.

When I talked to his nurse this morning she said he had a good night. They are starting to ween him off his pain medicine and ventilator settings. They have gone down one step during the night and he did good. We are going to continue to pray for him to tolerate all the adjustments so he can get extubated soon. I can't imagine having that tube in my throat. Once he gets extubated they will start trying to give him something to eat. That will be another BIG step for him. Heart babies have a really hard time with feedings.

Thanks everyone for all the comments, texts and mostly prayers! It's amazing to see God's work on my own child. Keep the prayers coming everyone of them are felt.

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad to read the updates and see how well Jordan is handling all of this... and you guys seem to be handling it great, too! What a blessing he is :) Funny coincidence - Annalee was born on 6/29/07... but I had hoped she would be born on 7/7/07. Y'all hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great News Wendy, I am keeping you all in my prayers daily. Jordan is very special and loved by so many people, I'm sure God has a plan for him. He has already touched so many lives including mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad that things are going well. Praying for you!!

    ReplyDelete