Monday, October 4, 2010

Quick Update ~ 10/04/2010


I am so sorry for not updating...Things have been a little crazy! Jordan had a wonderful first night at Egleston. We weren't able to go see him until 11:30 am because the doctors had to make rounds. It's one of the hardest things to be told you can't see your son. But he has had WONDERFUL nurses! We are so happy and blessed at the care he is receiving. We are allowed to call and check on him as much as we would like so you can imagine they already know our voice just from Hey this is...She just says hold on let me transfer you to his nurse. He has had a GREAT day. We've had a GREAT day! We have so many things to be thankful for today:

~ He is stable and doing wonderful
~ He is on room air - they took him off the high flow cannula - He is doing really good breathing on his own
~ I got to hold him for the first time EVER - It was amazing! I am in love with him forever!
~ While I was holding him he pee'd on me - I didn't care - It was the best tee-tee!
~ I got to change his diaper for the first time....(wonder how many parents have taken changing their child's diaper for granted)
~ As soon as I had to put him back in his bed I needed to go pump and Thank God my milk finally came in. I have pumped many time (every 3 hours) with no luck! Jordan helped mama's milk come down. So excited I will be able to provide him with the best formula.

~ Rhonda's family came up and spent some time with us. They made us smile and laugh (something we really needed) and they got to see our precious little man.
~ We got to spend several hours just looking at him and praising God that he is doing so well!
When we got there after shift change he looked wonderful...The nurse has tucked him in nice and cozy. He was so content and happy. It made us so happy to know he would get a good nights sleep.
We are so blessed to have amazing friends and family. Some people are total strangers and they have given us amazing support. We are so appreciative and thankful! We couldn't have made it this far with out all the prayers! God has been good to us and i have faith that he will continue to walk with us down this unknown path!
We've been SO blessed today! I can't begin to express the feelings we have in our hearts tonight. GOD IS GOOD! Please continue to pray. We are still unsure of when his surgery will be but when we find out we will post because we will need SO MANY PRAYERS:
- For guidance of the doctors hands and giving him wisdom to help repair Jordan's heart
- For Jordan to find amazing strength within himself and come out fighting from surgery
- For the nurses to have knowledge and patience to take the best care ever of our little man
- We know there will be good and bad days but pray for us to have peace within us in the days to come and know that God will never leave our sides
- Please continue to pray all for the other heart moms and babies!

5 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to hear he's doing so well. Keeping you all in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute little thing! I am so glad that he is doing well!

    P.S When I was away from my daughters and had to pump, it helped me to look at a picture of them, because its just enough to trigger that "mama feeling!"

    Also, is there an address that mail can be sent to y'all?? There are several people that have asked me about it... you can email it to me if you aren't comfortable posting it online: meghan (dot) p (dot) williams (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad he is doing well! Continuing to pray for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad that things are going well so far - that staff is truly AMAZING. They make an unbearable situation seem ok :) Praying for y'all and that precious baby Jordan. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are happy to know that Jordan is doing well. I am glad that you all have such a support team there with you all and all of the people cheering for you on the side lines. You would never know that Jordan has any issues just by looking at him. He looks like a handsome,strong healthy little boy! We pray that he has a good day today and tonight and you get to hold him more.

    ReplyDelete