Thursday, October 28, 2010

~ PRAYERS ARE NEEDED ~

Sorry I haven't been able to update the blog lately. Things have been kinda crazy and by the time we get to Ronald McDonald house we are exhausted. We are hanging in there and trying to stay positive.


Yesterday 10-27-2010 - Jordan was the ROCKSTAR of the CICU... All of the nurses and doctors were shocked at his improvement. They extubated him around 5:30am and removed some of his heart lines. Around 11 am they removed the sheath that was in his groin and started weaning him off some of his medicines. At 2pm I was able to feed him with a bottle and he drank it like a little pig. He did so good for a couple of hours then his breathing became labored. I kept telling the nurse something is not right. I held and cuddled him the way I did at home and it still didn't help. He was fussy and didn't act like himself. They make us leave around 6:45pm for shift change so we left to go get some clothes. As prepared as I always am...we were not prepared for this. We had the clothes on our body and the clothes we wore Sunday so we were not prepared at all! Once we were able to get to see him that evening he still didn't act like himself. When I fed him his 12am bottle he didn't want it so they had to put his feeding tube back in. We stayed with him until 1am and I knew something wasn't right.


10-28-2010

When I called this morning to check on him at 6am the nurse said he was "OK." He hadn't had a good night and his sat's were still all over the place. His normal sat level should be between 85 and 75 but Jordan's is now 75 and below. When we got to see him this morning he didn't look like himself. The nurse talked with us and told us he wasn't doing as good as they had hoped. Yesterday they had told us we would go to the step down today and be home by the weekend. They had changed his medicines in hopes that it would help him breath a little better. They had increased his oxygen to 8 liters of high flow and his sat levels were still dropping. We sat there and watched them dip into the 40s and then go back up. The doctors were ordering blood gases and xrays but all of his gases were good. The xray looked better than the morning xray. They had told us his lungs were "wet" and they had fluid in them. They had given him meds to take some of the fluid off of his lungs. His sat levels were still dropping and they have decided to intubate him again. They say he maybe tired and it's just to hard for him to breath on his own.


This has got to be the hardest thing I have ever faced. I finally see my dreams coming true that I get the little boy that I have always wanted. Then I find out he has a heart defect that can never be fixed. He has his first open heart surgery and does awesome. We get to take him home for a week and see your dreams coming true again. We did everything we knew to do to make sure his life is comfortable and then the bomb drops once again. The unexpected happens...another open heart surgery! Then they tell you he is doing great and the bottom drops out again. What do you do? Is it fair to him? You question yourself over and over! I know God has a purpose for him and for us but I don't want him to suffer! Jordan is precious and did nothing to deserve this. I would prefer this happen to me not him. He needs every ones prayers and we need your prayers too. I feel my heart sinking slowly and I am trying so hard to be strong. It's so hard because we've had him home and were able to protect him from all the surgeries and needles.

Thanks everyone for all the prayers, text, and phone calls!

5 comments:

  1. oh mama, reading this brings back so many memories for me. We were supposed to be getting the G-tube adn going home in a week- and then BAM we were looking at another open heart sugery and staying in the hospital at least until Thanksgiving. Utterly devastating.

    Know that you are being prayed for, as well as little Jordan, and everyone taking care of him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Wendy and Rhonda,

    My prayers are with both of you that you will find strength to get through the days ahead. Jordan is a fighter and is in GOD's hands. Both of you keep the faith because he's going to need you take good care of him when he gets home. I never realized until your blog that there were so many babies born with heart defects, especially in 2010 with all the modern science and technology available. But then I realized that all of that aside - GOD is still in control and nothing happens unless He allows it to happen. I have been keeping up with other bloggers who are Heart Moms and have been renewed in my faith to read their stories of strength and courage even when the outcome wasn't what they prayed for. They continue to praise and worship GOD - and that's what you all will need to do as well.

    Love Y'all and am continually praying for JORDAN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how it is to be blindsided like that...I'm so sorry! I know that doesn't help either, but I'm praying for Jordan and all of you to have strength to get through this. If you have days where nothing seems positive remember this: There is a plan, God has a plan.
    ~Erica

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much of what you write sounds familiar -- about getting what you always dreamed of, and then the bottom dropping out. About not wanting him to suffer. All of that.

    I know you're exhausted, and I know the roller coaster you're riding only adds to it. Just keep loving on that sweet baby of yours. We are here for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wendy....my heart aches for you. Know that Brother Gary and I are praying.

    ReplyDelete