Monday, October 11, 2010

YAHOO!!! Jordan is extubated!!! We are so proud of him! I got there yesterday morning and the nurse said go look at him. I had already spotted the vent and saw that it was turned off. He is a so much happier baby without all the tubes going down his throat. They had also taken the tube out of his nose. I asked them when could he get that thing off of his forehead, she told me they had to wait 4 hours. At noon she took it off and I finally got to see what he looked like without all that stuff on his face. They also took him off his oxygen because his oxygen levels were fine without it. Around 1 pm yesterday they put in a feeding tube to start feeding him my breast milk. They also took his catheter so he is finally just peeing in a diaper. But everytime you change a diaper you have to weigh it (we pray for pee in CICU). He has had a big day today and he still managed to look at me for hours. Yesterday was the first day he has been awake and looking around.

When I called the nurse this morning to check on him she said he had a wonderful night. He is up to 9cc of milk per hour and tolerating it well. They will continue to increase it throughout the day until he gets to 20cc. He is off one of his blood pressure medicines. If he tolerates his feedings today then they will take out his heart lines. Once they take them out they better watch out because his mama is never going to put him down. He is 11 days old and I have only held him 3 times for maybe an hour each time.

Everyone keep praying! He is a miracle baby and its all because of God!

6 comments:

  1. He is amazing! He is doing so so well! Praying for this amazing recovery to continue! Go Jordan Go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great news, I'm so glad 2 here this , I hope I will have great news like this when mine gets here.....god is great! Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. how very exciting! God is so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited for all of you. What a wonderful day. Can't wait to see a picture...tube-free! Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will continue to pray for you guys!! I can't wait for the next update!! GOD is GREAT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great News! I'm so happy for all of you!! God is good and Jordan is truly an inspiration for all of us!

    ReplyDelete